Don’t miss our free webinar: How to win the Tech4Good Awards
- 1pm BST, Monday 29 April 2019
- Sign up now – a recording of the webinar will be sent to everyone who registers
Celebrating young people using tech to make the world a better place
The BT Young Pioneer Award seeks to find the brightest new talent in the UK. We want to highlight the ways in which young people are tackling societal and environmental problems they care about through embracing technology. Previous projects have focused on areas such as; Environmental Sustainability, Mental Health and Tackling Disability.
Perhaps you have a project in mind which would tackle something like this?
If so, we want to hear from you!
What’s in it for you?
- Finalists will have the opportunity to attend an exciting networking event at the iconic BT Tower.
- Finalists will also receive tickets to explore Bletchley Park which was once the top-secret home of World War 2 codebreakers.
- The winner of the BT Young Pioneer Award will receive £5,000 which can be spent within the BT shop on exciting new technology to help support their pioneering work.
- The winner will also receive a tailored development day with BT experts.
- Please note there are terms and conditions relating to this prize.
Who is the award open to?
The BT Young Pioneer Award is open to anyone between the ages of 9 – 18. An individual or group (5 people max) can enter, and you must have a base within in the UK. It’s free to enter. Finalists will need to show:
- How an ingenious tech idea is transforming lives/society/environment
- How they are meeting a clearly identified need/problem they care about
- How their project differs from that already available on the market
- How they intend to develop or grow their project